HD Radio™, the leading digital broadcast solution for AM and FM radio stations is happy to share the successful test of an all-digital transition by WWFD AM820 serving the Baltimore and Washington D.C. metros. As a result, we fully support the FCC petition to adopt rules permitting AM licensees for voluntary operation in All-Digital MA3 mode.
- Stereo audio
- Program associated scrolling text (Program Service Data, or PSD)
- Artist / Advertiser Experience image capability
- Emergency Alerts
Why HD Radio?
- All existing digital auto receivers are forward compatible and ready to receive all-digital (MA3) AM broadcasts
- More than 65 million auto receivers in North America currently with this capability
- Continued support for all-digital AM effort moving forward
For licensing inquires, please contact Rick.Greenhut@xperi.com